From:
Cheryl J Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 01:12:06 PST
My sable colored ferret is shedding just now (she is 1year 3 months).  Now I
know they are meant to shed, but she now has a white strip along the section
where her tail joins her body.  I've heard of losing hair on the tip of the
tail but here?  To be more specific, her white/cream undercoat hair is
there, but there is none of the black guard hairs.  Is this a problem or
just a neat pattern?  Also, her hair seems thin across the front shoulder
blades.  There is hair there both under coat and guard hairs ( but short
ones), but you can see the pink of her skin which before was not evident.  A
problem or is guard hair shorter and thinner after a "spring" shed?  If you
could reply to [log in to unmask], I would appreciate it since I am behind on
the FML.

Thanks, Cheryl.