From:
"Nicole M. Barnes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 12:21:04 -0400
Hi everybody.  Since there has been so much talk about temperatures lately,
I thought I'd ask about the other extreme.  Jimi and I live in the upper
peninsula of Michigan, and it is already getting pretty cold and snowing
sometimes.  I live in apartment with VERY expensive electric baseboard
heating, which is seldomly turned on, and only an occasional night in the
bedroom where Jimi and I sleep (try to).  We use a kerosene heater when it
gets too cold in the living room.

Problem is, no one is home during the day, and I often stay at my fiance's
apartment.  During these times no heat is on.  It doesn't get TOO cold,
probably never below 50 in the middle of winter, and it isn't drafty at all.

Should I be concerned about Jimi's health?  I had a cold for a couple of
weeks that is gone now, he never showed any signs of catching it, so I am
assuming there are no problems.  I give him plenty of rags to crawl under in
his little bed-crate in his cage.

Any comments?

Thanks--Niki & Jimi