Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 00:06:51 -0700
>"This is a rotten, dirty little rat and we ought to kill this bill and
>every ferret we can get our hands on, " Assemblyman Richard Floyd
>(D-Wilmington)said.

DICK FLOYD SAID THAT?  Dear god...OK, people, there's things you need to
know about this moron.

Another major "personal liberty" issue besides Ferrets is Motorcycle
Helmets.  Floyd pushed *real* hard to put the current CA helmet law in
place, he tried for years before finally succeeding.  The argument that he
mainly used was his loudly cited numbers for how many injuries there really
were, and after the helmet law passed, reputable people looked up his
numbers.

It will now come as no surprise to this list that they were BS.  When
confronted, his attitude was, "Yea, so I made 'em up, so what?  I won,
didn't I?".

This fellow is a known jackass in the first degree.

Controversial or not, another personal freedom issue is gun control, and the
things I'm finding out about *that* in this messed-up state are frightening
for anyone interested in justice.  Permits to carry concealed are issued at
the discretion of individual Sheriffs and PD Chiefs, some of whom have been
caught red-handed selling them at $20,000 or more each; others routinely
take in $300 or more "applications fees" and then turn down *every*
applicant, even women with long histories of hospital visits who are hiding
at battered women's shelters and have restraining orders out.  No matter how
you feel about firearms and self-defense, this is all *wrong*.

On the 28th of this month a radio station is having a "personal liberty"
demonstration in Sacramento.  For the first time NRA people, Bikers who hate
helmets, car drivers shocked at SmogII and MTBE and a host of others are
going to GANG UP on Sacto in a unique protest.  I'll post more details when
I know more but offhand I *love* the idea - we need to add our $.02 as well.

   --
For a wild true story of crooked cops, stolen guns, perjury, fraud
and false criminal charges, see http://www.infinex.com/~jmarch