From:
"Hehl, Ann (CFC/DDS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 16:45:38 -0400
In reference to Sukie's request for information regarding adrenal tumors I
submit the following.  My ferret, Cinnamon has had adrenacarcinoma of the
left adrenal.  Excised in 7/98.  Hopefully I will give all the info Sukie
requested.

Cinnamon is an early neuter, she was purchased from a pet store at 6-8
weeks old, already spayed.  She was Marshall Farms.  As you have figured
out she is a female.  She was first diagnosed by ultrasound at 3 years and
a few months old.  She was kept in a tri level cage in an extra bedroom,
normal lighting.  I don't take extra measures to make sure all is dark.  I
used to have a night light in that room but took it out after I started
seeing references on the FML regarding ferrets doing better in darkness, so
that room is dark at night but not total darkness.  She gets Marshall farms
food, won't eat anything else.  She is caged when I am not at home but
allowed free roam of the house otherwise.  Before she got sick she would
hardly let me cuddle her but since then I get to each evening, I played
with her daily as well, not sure as to time length however.  She had a cage
mate then to play with though as well as a cat and a dog, has 2 ferret
playmates now.  And do they play!!!!!  She has never been in a show.  She
was never sick prior to this.  She has had distemper and rabies shots as
she should, no reactions to shots.  I live in KY.  Her symptoms were
primarily hair loss from tail upward on her body.  It wasn't long, maybe 6
-8 weeks since I first noted hair loss till surgery.

Hope this helps in your research.  Keep up the good work and your efforts
for the betterment of our babies.

Ann,
and ferrets Cinnamon, Sabrina, Jillian,
Missy(cat)  and Alex(dog)