Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2010 13:29:09 -0800
OK Pilgrims, look alive and hear this: (or maybe . . . should be,
"read" this).

1.) Today is a very timely and an unusual day; the second day of the
first month of the tenth year, and we see it written like this:
01 02 2010, or to clarify it a bit in a most confusing way, this way:
01 02 20 10.

2.) You may note that the numbers read the same both ways - forwards
as well as backwards. Crazy, yes?

3.) Yeah, so what? you say. Well Pilgrim, here's to you and to me
too - Click! Now why in the world does Iksnipil Drawde bring this
idiocy forward? What in the Sam Hill has this combo of numbers have
to do with ferrets? Glad you asked.

4.) Drawde asks for your humoring him in his self-inflicted misery,
because he's got a very, very strange mind. And this diatribe is
surely indicative of such.

5.) So, here goes. Every now and then, I read of the perplexity in
the minds of Frettchen Volk (German words for you folks, meaning
ferret people) who, after adopting or buying a ferret reach out to we
mustelidious ferret list members and ask for a good name for their
little, bright eyed bushie.

6.) Drawde would like very much to offer a system of naming ferrets
that is based solidly on some significant meaning, rather than just
picking a ferret's name out of a hat, so to speak. Of course, you are
free to do as you wish, but nomenclaturing using a clever system may
quite well show the world that these Frettchen Volk are pretty sharp
ladies and gentlemen.

7.) The prompting for this post on the FML came to Drawde like a flash
this morning after his bride of 49 years pulled the pillow off his head
and treated me to the epithet, ! ! # % & + =, "get outa bed you lazy
Polak!"

8. ) Yes, 48 years ago I learned not to confront a determined Swede,
especially after staying up until 4 AM, so I rolled out, planted feet
on the floor and swayed down the hallway to the kitchen. Sure smelled
good. My Svenska Flicka (Swedish lass) had cooked up a slice of egg
nog French toast and coffee. A couple of dribbles of real, honest to
goodness Vermont maple syrup on the egg nog toast, and it was total
Gloryoski (Polish heaven).

9.) But getting back to the subject at hand, I learned what a
palindrome is. No it's not a aerodrome where all your pals are (well,
that's possible, isn't it?). Go look it up in the dictionary. It's
interesting.

10.) Today is written as shown above, 01 02 20 10. A palindrome. Now
forget saying the numbers as numbers, but instead consider naming the
numbers, as follows: Ohone Ohtwo TwoOh and Oneoh. So here we have the
names of four ferrets that have been palindromed. Neat, eh?

11.) If you prefer, as do I, not to term the number the letter "O" as
the number zero, then you'd have these names for four ferrets:

12.) Zeroone, Zerotwo, Twozero, and Onezero. One could pronounce these
names like: Zeronie, Zerowtwoo, Twozero, and Oniezeronie.

13.) Hah! when pronounced out loud is sounds like a corporal in the
Italian army calling the morning roll call.

14.) Drawde thinks that you will have many opportunities for naming
your ferret(s) palindromicly, because there are a number (12) of
palindromic dates in the 21st century. They are:
10/02/2001, 01/02/2010, 11/02/2011, 02/20/2020, 12/02/2012, 03/02/2030,
04/02/2040, 05/02/2050, 06/02/2060, 07/02/2070, 08/02/2080, 09/02/2090.

15.) Ain't this fun, yes? Crazy too, maybe. Don't tell anybody yet,
please but look closely at the first five letters in the word,
PALINdromic, just you add, Sarah, and you'se got the next President
of the United States. What'dyah think of that, Pilgrim, eh?

Viola tout! (French: There, that is all; that is the whole of it.)

Submitted by secret operative, Drawde Iksnipil this date 01022010
Approved in anguish by der Frettchen Fuehrer. Edward Lipinski, at
Ferrets North West, (FNW) Mercer Island, State of Washington. FNW
produces Freeze Dried Ferret Food, the Only Pre-digested Flesh/veggie,
Lyophilized Diet in the World. Free Samples Soon to be Available.

Plea for a bit-o-help, please. Could some kind IT soul help me set up
my blog. I got it all screwed up with this Facebook association and
frankly I don't really know just what the h..l I'm doing!!!