From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 01:17:26 -0500
Dear Debi,

First I take a few moments to honor Army Sargent Lynn Ira (Mike)
Strouse, as well as all of the soldiers who have served and are now
serving both at home and abroad.

My brothers Simon and Tisha had come over for a day of leaf sledding.
We "liberated" the lids of my trash bins and were sliding down an
extremely leafy trail and laughing all the way - well dooking with
great joy - but you get idea. We had gone up and down that hill five
times in a row and where gearing up for a sixth when we saw a large
furry form running towards us. Now I don't mean large, as in chubby,
but the type of large that makes us look small by Rainbow Bridge
standards!

I had seen him once before, when I greeted Sullivan, and I was equally
happy to see him again. Here, in our corner of the Bridge, we see
mostly fuzzit's around here, because lets face it, the Big Guy made
this place just for us, just as he made cat places and dog places and
even bug places, and we all tend to stay where we are best comfortable,
but then there are those who are comfortable anywhere, much like Koas
is. The nice thing was that he was not alone, for there was another dog
with him and a large, I mean MASSIVE business of fuzzit's trailing
behind the pair.

As they got closer I could see that the dog with Koas was my dad's dog
Akasha, a wolf-gray Husky girl who left us in 2009. She liked to sleep
on TOP of her dog house and would sit there like a princess on a
pedestal, waiting for her admirers (:cough::cough: mum & dad )to come
and bring her gifts of lean hamburger and rice!

They both looked like the proud protectors that they are and came
gliding ever closer to where we sat, still on the trash bin lids. Koas
came right up to me and into my lap he dropped a thick scroll - no
slobber either! I slowly opened it up, and with Simon and Tisha looking
over my shoulder, I read it.

All I can say is wow!!!! When I get a scroll it includes the name of
that particular fuzzits parents, the day they were born, the day they
began their journey here - because not all of them arrive when they
leave behind their mortal coil. Most of them, those that were loved be
someone, take a very personal journey that is every bit like a moving
scrap book and is filled to the brim with all of their best memories.
Like the day they came into their forever home, their first war dance,
their first dook, and all of the love and fun they had in their lives,
as well as all of the souls who made up that life as well both here and
on the earthly plane as well. So when I say it was a thick scroll, I
mean that both Ploe and Truffle where very much loved not only by you,
but by everyone whose lives they touched.

Like your first rescue Renae, who joyfully dances like their is no
tomorrow, and Kendra, who eyes take in everything, and is forever held
in time at just four months, itty-bitty tail and all. There is the
romantic Sully and the beautiful Dark Angel, there are parents and
grand parents and even great, GREAT grandparents too, Like White
Russians Revenge, Tania, Jonny Cage, Raiden, Queen Victoria and Lui
Kang. There is also Jerry Springer, who is still huge and let's
everyone know, that at his a cuddly years of age, he knows it all!
And there are oh so many more.

Most of all, and what each and everyone of these fuzzit's have in
common, is you!

You found them, or they were brought to you, you adopted or purchased,
or maybe even "borrowed" a few as well, but one way or another, they
all had you as a best part of their fuzzy lives. I look and saw
pictures too, my favorite? A baby picture of Ploe and her twin Surie
(Whom Saraferret so warmly greeted in 2008) sleeping curled up around
one and another, like two peas in a pod, peacefully snoozing an
afternoon away in the safe company of one and another. I know that even
though Surie left before Ploe, that Surie left a part of her behind to
help Ploe cope with her loss and I bet you could see that part too, in
the very same place she would always be when she was still with the
both of you - wrapped around her sister, and also your heart! Twins are
like that across the board, they share this unique bond that is never
broken, not even when they pass on to my side of things.

So it did not surprise me at all when I did not physical *see* Surie,
but I could feel her patiently waiting at the opening of the Bridge for
her other half and for Truffle. I could also feel Yar, Skittles, Tania,
White Russians Revenge, and even Chance too. Those closest to us on
this side always know when we are crossing and will gather at both the
Viewing Pool, and the Bridge itself.

Ploe had 10 years that's a good long time, for a fuzzit's that is. To
me it means her quality of life and the quantity were very, very good.
Had to be, look at Jerry at 14 years! I read that and my jaw dropped,
and stayed that way until Simon reached a paw up and closed it for me!
That's twice my lifetime!!! I'm jealous! OUch -anslk239u38y2hbhs -
(Translation - nails skittering across the keyboard as Simon yanks it
away from me)

Simon here, Pie had a good long life, so don't let him fool you. He
came here when he was suppose to and look at him now, he's a Greeter,
and I think he does a fair job of it - cmxn asm,nkml;kqwojri -
(Translation - keyboard being yanked back from brother.)

Excuse me Mr. Mastermind, but this is MY greeting! AND as *I* was
saying, before being so rudely interrupted. Their lives were happy, and
full and good. You ask that I remind them of how much you love and miss
them, and I will, but the truth is we never forget. Instead we carry
the promise of seeing you one day again, and then ...... well, we keep
it, and we gather and wait for you when it is your time to cross over.

All this was said and thought as we made our way to the Bridge. Koas
was in the lead, and beside him, my dear Akasha, and following me were
a line that could wrap itself around my cottage at least as many times
we rode down that hill today!

There was Fatty, Sully's sister Zorra, their mom Lady Jasmine, Lady
Dana, Baron's Diablo, Pandora and White Russian, Pooka, Pugsley, and
all of the others mentioned in the scroll, plus those who were waiting
for us once we finally did arrive there. Surie came up to me and told
me she had been waiting for this very day, and while she knew it would
be very difficult for you to have Ploe leave, it had been even harder
on her to be here alone, with half of her missing. Now she was going
to be whole again, and not only that, she would get to have her baby
sister Truffle there as well.

I looked into each and every fuzzy face I saw standing there, and each
held the same look. It was a mixture of love and grief, because even we
cry when someone passes, and not for those who are coming are way, but
for those who are left behind. The concept of time up here is quite
odd, and not in keeping with what you are use to, so most of our days
are filled with all of the things we loved to do in life ... sleeping
in large groups, eating as many treats as we would like, and even those
we could not have in life because they were not good for us (red
licorice ..... ) war dancing, dooking, playing with our brothers and
sister and parents and, of course, patiently waiting for that day until
we are at last reunited with our entire family once again.

Renae had us make a circle around the Bridge, and had us hold paws, and
then she began to hum, quietly at first and then it was picked up by
everyone else. What we hummed was a well known tune called "Somewhere
Over the Rainbow, not only in welcoming Ploe and Truffle, but also as
a reminder that someday that is where you will find us.

As we hummed, the sun was slowly sinking behind the Bridge itself, and
it provided a warm and delightful show of vivid pinks, blues and golds.
And through the sunset we could see two fuzzits. One was Ploe, a lovely
dark-haired Siamese, with this lush white undercoat, and the other was
Truffle a gorgeous and show- worthy chocolate point and I was in love,
and as I was swooning, Surie flashed past me and ran right into the
soft, tiny arms of Ploe and Truffle, and the "Velcro Sisters" were
reunited once again, as well as the rest of your Rainbow Bridge Fuzzy
Loving Ferrets!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah