From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 15:24:13 -0700
Diggers of Delightful Dirt.

Is anything more natural to the health of the ferret than allowing
him/her to return to the bosom of Mother Earth? We know the
relationship between the prairie dog and the Black Footed Ferret (BFF)
on the plains of the Dakotas/Montana, where the excavating and soil
pulling BFF inhabits abandoned p-dog warrens, oft times without the
voluntary cooperation of the warren's previous occupant, who likely
ends up inside the BFF.

Darkness and thigmotropism, the ingredients of happy stew for the
ferret, as seen easily in the kitchen cage, its curled up body
underneath the nest cloth with its cute little nose tweeking and
peeking out to whif the odors of proximate activity.

Digging and concealment together with its sides in touch with the
tunnel soil or earth cavity make indeed the happy, healthy ferret.
Although not all of us are so blessed, as here on Mercer Island at
Ferrets North West Foundation, the harnessed Busshie is leashed to a
pole with a 3 or so foot leash line and is granted the psychological
favor of duplicating its Big Bro, the BFF, in digging to its heart's
content, a tunnel of proportions equal to its desire, an instinctive
desire that gloriously satisfies a Busshie's fondest yearning.

In this case, the true meaning of the Nazi concentration camp slogan,
"Arbeit Macht Frei", finds altruism in its true meaning in the
posit-psychosis of the ferret mind, "Working the soil is sooo good
for me"

And my scent is replaced by the good Mother Earth's perfume, my claws
get worn down and smoothed, and I am at last, One happy with God's
green earth.

"To dig is to live! "

Frettchen Freude
Edward Lipinski