From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 10:11:31 -0400
Two quick things:

Yesterday Warp stole a clean and tied pair of Steve's socks but I got her
before she stashed them, lifted her up and introduced her to his sock
drawer, which is high and free of ferret smell.  Then I rewarded her for
dropping the socks there.  A short while later I let her grab another pair
she ran to the chest of drawers, stopped and waited for me.  It's going to
be interesting if this becomes something she repeats.

Meeteetse had gotten in the habit of purposely getting underfoot to trip us
because then we'd feel guilty and give her treats.  (Meeteetse lives for
food.) Yesterday she twice sent me sprawling backwards, and the second time
was a bad one because my heel landed on her neck so I had to lift it and
just let myself fall to avoid crushing her.  She has a lesion on her neck
-- raspberry red -- and is taking Prednisone and having hot compresses to
resolve it.  Already it's just a third of yesterday's size which was quite
big.  Now we have to untrain her, which means also untraining both of us
(humans being often harder to train or untrain than ferrets).