From:
Gilbert Le Cren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 07:26:08 -0700
This is Sandy Streit and Gil LeCren:

During the night, Amber left us.  My only comfort is that her suffering is
over.  We still don't know what her illness was.  If the autopsy shows
anything, I'll post later.

Thanks to all for the kind words and support.  This has been very difficult
for Gil and myself.  Amber was only 2 years old.  She was my brightest and
most extra-ordinary girl.  She taught us what a "real" ferret was all about.
She shreadded our couch, she'd get into the trash can, she'd attack Bandit
and Mandy, she'd steal pretzels, and I lost count ages ago at the number of
cups and glasses she overturned.  We never figured out how to outsmart her.

When we first got her, she'd run around clucking, a sound so endearing that
we couldn't help but be charmed by her.  The first night she came to live
with us, she slept on my shoulder/chest, as I reclined on the sofa.  By the
end of that first evening, she had won our love and our willingness to serve
her, which she knew how to exploit.

Amber loved being the center of attention.  She adored being out in the
public.  At our Petco Outreach Events, she was always a hit.  She'd lay
along the length of my arm and she'd ride happily.  I swear I saw her doing
the "Queen of England" wave at her adoring fans.  As an experiment, I took
her over by the outdoor Blues Festival held downtown.  I had no intention of
entering the event, for fear the crowd and noise would bother Amber.  She
loved it!  We entered the festival, so should could properly watch the
festivities.

One of my favorite things for Amber to do, was to put her up by my face and
hair and she'd groom me.  She was meticulous.  Without Amber's attention,
I'll probably become infested with cooties.

One other thing--she ALWAYS hit the litter box.

She was unique.  She will be missed.