From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 00:24:54 -0700
>From:    petersen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Killians; Shelter in St. Louis

Thank you for the comments.  I asked neither the Petersens nor Bob to make
comments.  Glad both chose to themselves.

Anyway...

>Bill can confirm that I fell in love with Neville Chamberlain who is a
>very big and very sweet part-English hob.

Neville is actually an immigrant.  He came from George Parker in England
who you may have read about in Modern Ferret.  See George (hope you still
get this) EVERYONE loves this boy - not just us.  We'll see how he does in
Baltimore next weekend.  Despite his nice nature he is partially polecat -
an eighth if I remember.

About that polecat bit though.  Bob C seems to think the Swedes look
somewhat more like polecats than other ferrets.  He was thinking that was
angoras until we showed him far more Swedes than he had seen before.

About the shelter ferrets that went to St Louis.  If you have memories of
FURO, some of the ones that moved from us to the Petersens are among the
last bred by John Armishaw.  He bred them in North Carolina, they went
through a breeder with aspirations that were dashed, then north to Virginia.
John did not turn them in to us.  But they are his.  Some very nice pleasant
sables.  Call FURRY.  Matthew Stevens in the Dallas area also has one.  They
helped us, you can help them out by adopting them into private homes.

>From:    Ryan Seaton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mink/Duck Soup

Chicken is "best" but that might be becuse its usual.  Other meats should
work if the ferrets don't mind.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/