From:
Randy Lower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:59:39 -0700
Hello all,

We are moving to Costa Rica in a years time but perhaps sooner.  Does
anyone know if ferrets are legal there?

I found some information on the internet about how much they charge for
bringing your pet into the country and that they quarantine them.  But
after checking with some people who live there, they said they just paid
money for each pet and there was no quarantine.  And of course, you have
to have papers from a vet stating they have had all their shots and are
healthy.  I can't find anything regarding ferrets.

I have 8 ferrets though 4 of them I am fostering.  And I am worried I
will not be able to take them.  I may have to find good homes for them
before I leave.  This is very unexpected.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Ingrid K. Lower