Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 21:13:16 +0000
Two subjects here - first one is books... A friend of mine is a cartoonist.
Some may remember his work from the Ferret christmas Cards I had last year.
He has decided to start writing childrens educational books - targetted for
American schools, and one of the books he wants to write is about FERRETS
<yeahhhh!>

He wants as many SIMPLE facts as possible, preferably those that children
would find fascinating (e.g.  a group of ferrets is called a business) he
also wants some good high resolution pictures (nothing small, they'll need
to be high-res, and probably 'large' if they get used) to go with the facts
(e.g. with the 'business' fact, would be a pic of heaps of ferrets).  He
wants as many pictures as possible that people would be willing to be
published in a childrens book - different colours, different types of pics,
different 'movements' etc.  He did say that this book will take him some tme
to put together, and will only go ahead if he can find a pulisher willing to
go ahead with it.  He suspects it will be several months before anything
'solid' comes out of this, especially since he's new to the "book" field,
but he has great hopes for this series.

If anyone has facts or pictures for this, please feel free to send them on
to [log in to unmask] - thanks in advance.

Okay, next - the shelters!!  I have some friends in North Western
Mississippi who are wanting a ferret.  They have never owned ferrets before,
and wish to get a quiet adult from a shelter, but don't know of any in the
vicinity.  They are very close to the Memphis Tennessee area.  They've been
talking with "ferret people" for the past several months, and have decided
to 'take the plunge'

I've checked Ferret Central for any shelters in that general area, and
haven't found any, so if there are any shelters in that are looking for
homes for a quiet adult ferret, preferably healthy and approximately 1.5 -
3 years of age (the owners, being new to ferrets, felt the quietness of an
adult was considered preferable) please drop me a line at [log in to unmask]

Thank you

Sam

 Ferrets are my life
 Ferrets are for me
 They get me into strife
 They make me feel so free!!
 (Ah, probably because they steal everything!)
 Email me at [log in to unmask] and hope I get it...
 Before they do!