From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1993 17:54:53 -0400
hi there:
this is in reference to a problems we're having today, today, of course, being
a day when no one is at work.  but our four year old sable (marshall farms)
female started salivating (clear) from her mouth this morning, like forming.
she seemed more lethargic than usual and it's 90 degrees here.  so we gave
her a cool bath and have been forcefeeding her 1 cc of cold water every
half an hour.  she's seperated from the other four ferrets, who look fine,
but all are at least two years younger than she is, so that i can keep on
eye on her stools.  the first one was about three hours after we noticed
she was having trouble and it was black and kind of pastey.  the second
one was very runny, but that was all i could tell because it was done while
i was bathing her.  she has eaten so far, which is a good sign, but i don't
 think
she's completely over what she has.  she has had her distemper and rabis shot
(in the past couple of months) and nothing new has been introduced into their
world.  so does she have some sort of food poisoning from some moldy food that
i found underneath their feeder, or is it heat stroke, or is it something
completely diffent?

thanks for any help

beckers

--