Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:40:47 -0600
I've been reading this whole "who owns Rosie" debate and it makes me sad.
The last memories of Rosie (on the list, anyways) is the questioning of
who owned her.  I've hardly read anything, lately, ABOUT Rosie.  That
would be what I'd want to remember about Rosie - what she did, what kind
of life she had, those kinds of things.  Personally, I don't really care
who owned her, as long as they did the best they could while they had
her.  This ugly ownership thing...

Nobody owns any living thing, really.  Oh, we're higher up on the food
chain, alright.  We're more evolved and more intelligent, created in the
divine image of God.  Then I read about some of the things we do to those
"less" than ourselves and I choke on my tea.  So much for evolution and
divinity.  But that's what we are.  We're a miracle of duality.  And
sometimes we're so busy about the business of ourselves that we lose
track of the things that matter the most.

But eventually it comes back to us.  We're only shepherds, at best.  It's
our most important job.  Where one leaves off, another picks it back up.
It's no crime.  It's how we highly evolved and divine beings are supposed
to work, you know.  Just let go.

Roary
Albuquerque, NM

___________________________