From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2011 19:37:04 -0400
It's been approximately one month since we estimate FACT's ferrets were
first exposed in late May/early June. That is, traditionally, a heavy
month for surrenders and drop-offs. With the influx, we were also
moving as many ferrets as possible into foster homes. With the heavier
than usual incoming and outgoing traffic we may never pinpoint exactly
how it arrived at FACT and what ferret was first exposed and where that
exposure may have occurred.

I have posted additional pictures taken yesterday:
http://www.ferret-fact.org/DistmeperImages2.htm
- not all the links are  in place on the website. The earlier images
are at
http://www.ferret-fact.org/DistmeperImages.htm

Along with more pics of the CDV symptom ferrets, we included some
images of those that so far have shown no symptoms and continue to
eat and play with their usual ferrety energy. Actually with their
rooms cooler than we'd normally keep them this time of year, they
are rather frisky.

We are presently working on setting up the partnerships we'll need to
continue rescuing, sheltering and adopting/fostering ferrets while we
work through the illness and its aftermath at the shelter.

Any and all donations -- small or large to help defray the growing vet
and medication bill are welcomed. You can PayPal
or send checks directly to
FACT
14 Sherbrooke Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106.

Again, many heartfelt thanks to all our supporters, donors and to those
who have so generously shared their experiences and advice.

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of Connecticut