From:
Newcomb Samantha R SrA 2OSS/CCC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:09:50 -0500
   TO: shona [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much for elaborating on my post.  I had totally forgotten
about the trademark name of BARF.  I was never a big fan of the patties.
There are also these things that look like big sausage that you cut up.
Kind of seemed to defeat the purpose to me, but oh well.  I do however
remember reading something about the relationship to the veggies in the
stomach and a correlation to that's why you added them to the diet I just
can't remember where.  Of course I have been wrong before.  I also have
not observed an animal eating whole prey in a very long time so it is
very possible that I'm wrong...lol.  Now I just wish that I could
remember where in blazes that I read it.  There was a reason for the
veggies (in the dog diet), I swear...lol!  Oh well, maybe I'll find it
later.

As for your question about why they contain the other nonsense such as
fruit, well, your guess is as good as mine.  I would put my money on the
marketability to the pet owner.  Same reason as they make pet foods that
are fun shapes and pretty colors, do you think the pet cares?  Probably
not...but the owner looks at the bad and goes OOOhhh neat shapes and fun
colors!  (Not to say that all pet owners are naive and don't read the
bag) Anyway, that would be my best bet.

Take Care All!

Samantha