From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:45:44 EDT
I am so glad that you pointed out the lack of opportunity using ferrets
in animal therapy (excuse the word "use" please).  I ran into the same
exact road blocks as you did.  It's all very sad to me.  I don't know
what to do to get Delta or someone to listen and change their rules.

I've had to settle for just voluntarily going to schools with my ferrets
(and at time snakes).  After Modern Ferret gave Sean and Rocky exposure
(as well as the book What Animals Teach Us), I was contacted by our county
school district and asked if I could design and execute a program for an
autistic class.  Of course I could.  Easy as pie for me.  Unfortunately,
I had to turn it down.  I so regret that we only have one car, and it
doens't run good enough for me to drop off hubby at work regualarly and
then drive an hour away to said school.  Talk about dispointed.  The
school did not care if I had been accredited or licensed by anyone.  They
had seen my work first hand and wanted the ferrets.  So you never know
what opportunity's come about.

I do get sad when I see a kitty or dog with the little "Animal Therapy"
vest on them.  I hate to say it but when your animal has a license it
really does command a whole different respect from people.  And that
encourages people to want to learn about ferrets and animal therapy.

I don't know what to say here about this... it is all very discouraging.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: