From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:50:39 -0700
Wow!!  If you didn't sign up for Hurricane Recipe Exchange, you missed
some great food!!  There were 44 people who signed up for this project
and although I have only heard from about half of them, I wanted to give
an update before I leave to go out of town for the next week.

I have received some wonderful, wonderful recipes!!  Some of them sound
so good - I can't wait to try them!  From Mexican Cole Slaw to Stuffed
Cabbage, and Cranberry Surprise Loaf to Caramel Apple Salad!  Several
kinds of grilled chicken, Spiced Tea, Dump Cake, Tarts, Cheesecake,
Brownies 5 ways and cookies you bake while you sleep!  There was even
a Litter Box Cake and a Frog's Eye Salad!!  And not to mention some
EXCELLENT recipes for ferret food, too!!

And amid all those recipes were donations which totaled over $350.00!!
I'm sure that figure will go a little higher and I will get the final
total as soon as I can!  This is just so incredible and I know the
shelters in Florida we are going to help with this money will sincerely
appreciate it!!

Thank you so much to all the special people who have contributed so far.
If your name in NOT on the list below, it means I have not received your
donation yet.

Thanks to:

Ardith Raine, Fran Brown, Suzi Lambert, Darla Berg-Karagas, Debbie
Fitzgerald, Judy Gabel, Teresa Knezek, Karen Douglas, Diane Taylor,
Angela Dixon, Sunny Piper, Sandy Repper, Rebecca McFarlane, Marilyn
Ledoux, Deb Carlson, Tequita Williamson, Deva Kolb, Cathy Harper, Carol
Owens, Linda Zerillo and Brenda Zupko.

I want to say a special thank-you to both Linda and Brenda.  These fine
ladies both live in Florida and have suffered minor damages and losses
of their own - and still they give to help others!  Bless you both!

I will be looking over all the recipes and will seriously look into doing
a cookbook for Support Our Shelters.  More info to follow!!

Thank you all!

Judy Cooke
Support Our Shelters