From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 08:50:45 EST
>Hi, I dont' mean to be stupid, but I read the FML almost religiously and I
>don't seem to remember ever seeing the full story of what happened in
>seattle, nor can I seem to dig it up from my past newsletters.  All I can
>remember is 82 ferrets were killed by someone's ex boyfriend with a sharp
>object.

While I applaud your efforts to find out more about this tragedy, I must say
that this sort of "speculation" kind of makes me a bit queasy.  I think that
this is the sort of post that lends itself to easy misinterpretation, and
the types of misinformed posts that we had last week, which stated
erroneously that Jean was behind in her rent, etc.  For one thing, the
incident was in *Spokane*, not Seattle, and Lance was NOT Jean's
ex-boyfriend.  Not even close.

I think Jackie did quite a thorough job of documenting the facts of this
case, as they were known, both in her initial post and in subsequent posts.
She's already covered the topics of where the incident took place, who Lance
is and why he was in Jean's home, why Jean was in danger of not paying her
rent, the nature of her breeding operation, etc.

Jackie's posts are available on several Web sites (which a couple of people
have referenced in their .sig files), and in back issues of the FML (which
the listserver will give you).  PLEASE, could you check the back issues and
the Web pages before stating "facts" in your post which might be subject to
misinterpretation, and unintentionally cause Jean harm?  Thanks.

- Ela

[Moderator's note: Many people do ask some questions about this.  I point
them to back-issues and the web, but if someone has written a summary, I'lll
gladly forward it when questions come in.  BIG]