From:
Soda Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:55:55 -0700
Early morning at the Rainbow Bridge Village and a warm breeze caressed
the face of a large male sable ferret as he enjoyed his daily walk. A
tingle in his whiskers told him that more would be coming that day and
SodaFerret's heart ached for those that would be arriving but also for
the broken hearts left behind. The life of a ferret is not always easy;
many ferrets have wonderful loving families but others had no one to
love them; some ferrets found themselves victims of abuse and yet
others lived out almost their entire life in a shelter getting a few
minutes a day with a wonderful shelter mom giving as much love as time
permitted. SodaFerret himself had been abandoned; he was sick and only
had a few days to live but the Creator interceded on his behalf and
found a family to love him, his little broken heart was made whole
again and his soul filled with love; it was only then he could let
go and come to the Rainbow Bridge.

Arriving at the entrance gate of the Rainbow Bridge, SodaFerret saw
that all his greeting helpers were there and waiting for him. Just
then there was a shift in the breeze and the colors of the sky began
to dance and fairy dust began to drift down from the heavens falling
up on all that were there to greet the new arrivals.

Having arrived at the Rainbow Bridge, MoonBeam Molly lowered herself to
the ground to allow her tiny passengers to climb down. Slinky, Sandi,
Little Bear, and Bubba all joined paws and gathering up all their
courage, they began to slowly make their way across the time-worn
timbers of the Rainbow Bridge.

Stepping off the end of the Rainbow Bridge, SodaFerret stepped forward
to greet the newcomers. "Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge" he told them,
"my name is SodaFerret and we have come to welcome you."

The little group of ferrets remained silent as they were all looking
around, surveying the sites.

"Can I tells dem SodaFewet?" a voice from behind him asked. "Can I
tells dem, huh, can I pwease, can I tells dem now" the voice asked.

SodaFerret had allowed Klancy to come along on this greeting, he had
been given the job of "playtime coordinator" and he was very anxious to
do his duties. Knowing Klancy as SodaFerret did, he was sure Klancy was
excited to have new ferrets at the Rainbow Bridge, new arrivals meant
possible new play buddies.

"Yes Klancy you can tell them about Dirt Mountain, the Sock Steal Race
and all the other fun things but first they need to get settled; they
need to pick out new hammies and sleep sacs, they have to be assigned
a bungalow, and many more things but first I would like to show them
around and take them to the Reflecting Pond so they can check in on
their families."

"Please forgive our Bridge Helper Klancy, he is very anxious to take
you around to all the fun spots" SodaFerret explained to the little
group. Soda fell silent as he looked deeply into the eyes of each new
arrival. He could feel the pain in their hearts at having to leave
behind a family they loved so much. Addressing the four little ferrets
SodaFerret told them "your health has been restored, you are young
again just as when you were a kit. Your journey has come to an end,
your heart has touched the horizon and here you will remain until the
day comes your family will come for you.

If you would like a greeting for your ferret, email your request to