From:
Kimberly Platz and Toby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:44:30 -0400
Hi there fellow FMLers!  I took Toby for his annual vet visit today.
Another new vet (I have moved since he was last at a vet) - I kind of wonder
if he thinks vets are disposable?!  <g> He only ever sees a vet once or
twice and then we move!!  On that note, a VERY special thank you to Dr.
Karen (can't find your e-mail addy) - we went to Julie Richter as you
recommended.  I really like her!  She said she was planning to get in
touch with you!

Anyway, no to the reason for my MOOSE ferret title.  Toby is a huge <g>
adult male ferret - tipping the scales at 2.3 pounds!  But, he has a few
fleas, my new vet suggested starting him with a flea mousse (moose!) and a
house spray.  The mousse is called Defend (Just-For-Cats).  She said that it
won't hurt him if he licks it - except for a possible sore throat.  Does
anyone have experience with this?  Good, bad or otherwise?  She recommended
this instead of Program/ Advantage because he has just a few and has never
had them before.  Also, he is an only pet who doesn't get to play outside
(because of the horrible ferret-hating landlord)!

Toby got "Moosed" as soon as we got home and it didn't seem to bother him.
In fact, he was in a really playful and good mood.  Strange for him after a
vet visit - with shots!!!

I mentioned on the AOL ferret chat that people talk alot about their LARGE
ferrets but rarely about the little ones.  Well, Toby's my *little* baby.
At his heaviest 2.5 lbs.  fully grown with winter weight on!  I'd be
interested to hear about some of the tiny ferrets!

With dooks and ice creams licks for all the ailing ferrets (ok, I know ice
cream is bad for them but sometimes they deserve a treat!),
Kimberly
and Toby "hey, mom, I like the new vet lady!  She let me play with the
stethoscope!!!  AND, she said I was a good munchkin!"