From:
Pat Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:32:21 -0700
Our attorney, George Weingarten called today to announce that we lost in
the Court of Appeals.

Our legal options are now over.  We have previously exhausted our
legislative options and we have been unsuccessful in front of the Fish
and Game Commission.  George further informs me that the court will now
probably come after me for court costs.

George said the court refused to hear any information post 1988.  They
even said Ron Jurek is an expert on ferrets after all, he was previously
rebuked by the court.  It was a decision divorced from reality - and
conforms to all our other experience in ten years in this struggle.

I am no longer an advocate for ferret legalization.  I don't believe such
freedom is a possibility in California.

I am ashamed of my state, and I am ashamed of my nation for invading and
occupying Iraq (among other things).  I do not believe the average person
can have any impact on the government here in California or the USA.  I
further believe our state and nation are hopelessly corrupt.

Obviously, it is time for someone else to take over the San Diego chapter
of Ferrets Anonymous.  We still provide valuable service in taking care
of the ferrets - we will just have to continue to do it underground.

Thank you,

Pat Wright
Founder,
Ferrets Anonymous