From:
Michel McDermott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 08:00:42 -0500
Judy,

I hope Draco is doing better.  It sounds like Draco and Orion have the same
symptoms that my Pauly and Goliath both had.  Pauly was about 6 or so and
acted like you described Orion.  It took a few months, but eventually he
did waste away to almost nothing.  I couldn't even force feed him.  I'll
spare you the ending, but we did have to help him cross the bridge.  I let
his illness go far longer than I should have.

Goliath, on the other hand, was like your Draco - just a few weeks.  He
started out like Pauly had, and then he must have had a stroke or something
because he could hardly walk.  His left side was useless.  To go from over
3 pounds to just under 1 pound in less than a month was too much for his
system, I guess.  We helped him cross, too, since I didn't want to have
him go through what I had put Pauly through.

The vet suspected pancreatic tumors, but never did a necropsy.  I really
wish now I had insisted.

Michel

P.S.  Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been away on business and
am using my Saturday A.M. to catch up.