From:
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 09:23:53 EDT
First again I want to thank everyone for helping relocate some of the
ferrets.  Everything is going along well and things will be ok soon.  Again
I want to point out that the shelter is not closing down, we are slowing
down.  I'm referring all turn ins to the other ferret shelter but letting
them know that if she can't take them to call be back, I won't let them
go to the pound.

No one has called animal control, but the way things are going you never
know.  We are keeping ferrets here still and we wil have ferrets in foster
homes as well.

As Lori has posted she will be fostering some ferrets until they are
adopted out.  As far as the cages, most of the cages in the house are
shelter cages, very old and well used.  They are in need of a good
scrubbing.  I have clean and better cages that I keep outside for people
wanting to purchase a cage with their ferrets.  I sell these at a very
low cost.

I feel bad that Lori had to see the shelter in such a state, the house has
never been this messy and the cages so stacked up.  Anyone that has been
here in the past can attest to the fact that the shelter ferrets here have
been well kept.  due to the past 4 months things don't get done as they
should.  I tried to plan a major cage cleaning day, but I could never get
all the help here at one time or I was busy with my dad.

so again I'm sorry about the state of affairs here.
Thanks,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter