From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:51:37 -0800
That is too bad about ferrets magazine! The thing about going online
is creating the impetus to get people to visit the site- the hard copy
arrives in the mail & you take the time to look at it- often people
do not take that time to visit a website & read all of the contents-
i would take the magazine to many wating rooms etc to read - often
starting a conversation with people that otherwise would not have
happened- such as 'oh is there a whole magazine about ferrets? wow!
ya know my brother has a ferret but it is bald! isnt that weird!' -
so then i can tell them that is a symptom of illness such as adrenal
disease and they need to get the ferret to a vet- or 'my friend ferret
bites all the time so they never take it out of the cage & they are
thinking of just putting it down' and i can say- oh my dont do that -
if need be bring it to us, but in the meantime the reason it is biting
may be that it never gets out of the cage- which has created a viscous
cycle, so it needs more playtime, and check out its diet too and maybe
it needs a friend-

my point is that i dont have alaptop to drag around reading stuff so i
will not have the time to read the website like i would the magazine,
and even if i did take along a laptop people wouldnt notice what im
reading and open the conversation- so sad to lose this important
resource-

and on to the peta video- wolfy is right - peta often has an agenda
that is counter prodcutive to pet woners as well as abusers and some of
their targeting is pretty subjective- however this video is hideous-
the stomping on the hamster & throwing the live ones away in the trash
was about all i could take & ended up bawling- people can be so evil it
is hard to imagine- we hadnt had a seriously abused pet some in to our
sanctuary in awhile so it was a stark reminder of what can happen to
our 'companion' animals.

to think we spend every day all day caring for these very same animals
that rainbow exotics ( the name is sickeningly ironic, heck maybe they
should be called rainbow bridge exotics) kill without a moments
hesitation- man -

all our critters get extra treats tonight! and a special i love you for
each & everyone of our rescues!

beth
www.crittercamp
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary