From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:20:12 -0700
just a brief word here for the person who asked about making her 'soup'.
The first time I made it, it smelled so awful, I thought I had done
something wrong, and pitched the whole batch.  Nope, it just smells
bad from the ground kibble cooking along with the nutrivite paste...
(or could it be the washed eggs, shell n all also thrown into the pot?).
I finally broke down after years of hand crank grinder to grinder
attachment on mixer to an actual electric meat grinder for under 100
dollars.  Best investment I ever made!  They have em on e-bay.  Given
we're into weasels for the long run, and will only have rescues, it has
and will be used a lot!

Do not try to grind the chicken with skin n bones in your blender..  it
causes the blender to cry pitifully just before the motor starts smoking.
Do not transfer said mixture from smoking blender to food processor... at
least not an older one with a loose lid.  This will cause you to have raw
chicken spewed/flung on you, your walls, and everything else within a 7
foot radius!

Grind first with a grinder!!!!  read my post titled re Bob's Killer
Blender Aug 4, 2004 for the gruesome details.

If you are going to be making the soup on a regular basis, break down and
buy an electric meat grinder.... it is sooooo much easier, bones, skin,
tendons, and meat, no problems!

Good luck, and remember, it smells gross once you add the extras to the
cooking chicken, don't throw it out!!

Weasel kisses to all, and we're heading back to WA SOON!!!!!!

Michelle and the 12 fuzz-butts