From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Assoc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:57:07 -0400
>From:    Jason & Alison Overstreet <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:  We didn't know how to approach this man without offending him,
>but still want to help the ferret.

I have a suggestion for those of you who see a ferret in unacceptable or
inadequate conditions but don't know how to approach the situation.  Not
everyone has the big mouths that some of us have ;).

Be prepared.  Keep a few copies of ferret information in your car.  Many of
the local & national groups have info sheets or brochures readily available
for the asking.  The Ferret FAQ is filled with info you can print out & have
ready to hand out.  The benefit of presenting printed info from an
*organization* is that it implies credibility.  The people selling animals
hear the same stuff we do (both good & 'where did you get that'?!!!) - so
why should they listen to joe blow (which is probably what they're saying to
themselves when we offer our *expert* advice)?  Having info from more than
one source will carry even more weight because, for the mostpart, we (clubs,
organizations, rescues) all agree on how to care for a pet ferret.

Ferret FAQ
http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/central.html
GDFA - What is a Ferret?
http://www.mindspring.com/~jcrow/gdfa/indexl.html

These are just 2 sources of info.  The FAQ has many links to other sources
of info.

If the ferret community doesn't watch out for theses *for sale* creatures,
who will?

KODO IS DEAD - LONG LIVE KODO

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu,
Chaos, Tuxedo, Bijou, Fiasco, & Dazzle