From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 10:57:10 -0700
>Last night a woman called me and asked me to take some of her ferrets off
>her hands.  Seems she had bred her pair and couldn't find a soul who wanted
>her kits. ...

This is why we don't encourage folks to breed.  We are fully willing to keep
every single kit that we breed.  We sell them (or adopt them out) but if for
some reason a litter didn't sell.  We don't mind.  We've had only one or two
that we ended up with though.

The Waardensburg genes are tricky.  Not a simple dominant recessive.

>time grooming the babies -so much in fact, that she appears to have licked
>off their genitals.

We know of one male kit that had been "over cleaned" like this before.  Not
one of ours fortunately.  Other than not having a good "cover" - I forget
the technical term - he is quite fine.  He even goes to ferret shows and won
a nest in show as I remember.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/