Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:33:30 -0600
Wow!  What an adventure!  So many people... so many names and faces to
match!  It was wonderful.  My hubby was one of those rare males that showed
up at the conference that wasn't a speaker!  I think he was in seventh
heaven being surrounded by all those women.

I turned out to be one of those annoying gnats that could not be seen
without a video camera in hand, constantly harassing fellow FMLer's to pose
for the camera.  Thank goodness too, because now I have enough blackmail
material to last me until the next symposium!

It was truly great to meet fellow ferret minded people like Troy Lynn
Eckhart, Lynn Foster, and Sam Young.  (Who was also harassing people with
her camera!  Seems I was in good company!)  I had to show Sam that I was
indeed without my forked tail and devilish horns, although she was
convinced that they were in hiding for the time being.  Lisa... you are a
wild woman!  There were so many names and so much I'd like to say but I'll
just lump it all together and say it was a pleasure to meet with you all
and to be able to discuss so many ferret related topics.  I was in seventh
heaven!  There were a few I'd like to thank...

Helga and Harvey... you guys are so special!  I finally had an opportunity
to meet their gang o'11 and believe me, it was a highlight of the trip.  I
truly believe they single handedly gave everyone their much needed fuzzy
fixes through the entire weekend.  They should have sold tickets... they
would have made a fortune!

Randy... you are truly amazing and beautiful to boot!  You're kindness
and compassion can be felt a mile from you (or as we say in Canada,
kilometers).  I was so sorry you had to lose Tugger, and Phoenix... your
pain was felt and shared by us all.  As for the symposium... you pulled it
off girl!  We can only hope to fill your shoes in the following symposiums.
Don't be surprised if we call you for a little advice.

Dr. Karen... I wish all my vets were like you!  Party with me?  Party with
you!  You are definitely one for the books!  I want to see your photo
albums.  And yes, we're saving money for the next trip!

Gary H... your story and dedication is inspiring.  We can only follow in
your footsteps.  There is so much that we need to open our eyes to and
your compassion will do just that... help us to see that we are being led
blindly on a dangerous road.  Keep up the wonderful work!

Troy Lynn... You are by far, the most amazing woman I have ever met.  Your
speech was wonderful and funny and heartbreaking.  There is no replacement
for you.  I can only wish to fill part of your "big" shoes!

Dr. Bruce... Please, please, PLEASE consider moving to the west coast.
If you can't, then I'm sorry to say that you will have to clone yourself
50 times over!  You are truly great and I am so thankful for having the
opportunity to meet and talk with you.  The lives of our ferrets are held
closely in your hands and for that we will be forever in your debt.

Dr. Tom... it is so refreshing to be able to speak with someone who is not
afraid to accept responsibility for the little disasters that happen in the
pet food industry.  Your forth righteousness was the very thing that made
me confident that you are in it for the long haul and for the health of
ferrets everywhere.  Kudos!

Chris... Thank you for your willingness to go the extra mile to be able to
get things to needy ferret people.  Your compassion is limitless...

Bob C... What can I say?  Is that a rolled up sock in your pocket or are
you just ..... doing laundry?  It was great to see you again.  Ferrets
everywhere will benefit from your desire to make a better life for them.

And BIG... Well named... for BIG hearted!  You are something else.  Randy
chose right when she chose you to "moderate" the conference.  Partying all
night and then doing the FML?  Now I know how you get through some of those
nights!  (Just kidding!)

Judy and her White Russian... You have a major task ahead of you to
convince others the importance of furthering Aleutians Disease in ferrets.
As Dr. Williams so boldly pointed out, this is going to be the next plague
to hit our ferrets.  None of us in the ferret community must not take a
lacks attitude and say that it will never happen to them, because from all
indications, I heard to never say never.  I wish you all the best in your
endeavours!  Never give up!  Our fuzzies are counting on you!

Harley Bug...I was so honoured to finally have met you!  You look so much
like my Spaz man.  Perhaps one day the two of you shall meet.  You are
certainly one handsome devil!  Seeing anyone?  Thank you for allowing me
to hug, cuddle and smother you in kisses.  You are truly in great hands!

I hope to post a few of my own photos from the conference as soon as I
can catch up on everything.  Sam, I hope you're watching!  heh heh heh

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
For the love of ferrets...