From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:15:21 -0500
I would like everyone to know, I have spend a good deal of time on the
phone with Joe Estes of Safari Joes today.

He would like everyone to know that he did not sanction the post that went
through last night asking for cages.

The ferrets currently living at the park, do have a 6 foot tall, 4 foot
wide and 2 feet deep cage they live in, so the situation is not excessively
crowded nor as drastic as it appeared.

Thanks from both Joe and myself to the people who contacted me regarding
their extra cages etc, but the information conveyed was misleading.
Safari Joe's does have plenty of cages, there is no emergency need.  The
situation, like most rescuers, is that their cages that have been donated
and are all older, used and in various stages of disrepair.

Since Safari joe's is also open to the public and a petting zoo, they are
interested in the possibility of obtaining a NEW cage for their ferrets.

If any of the various companies out there who make ferret cages (QC? CB?
Martins?) would be interested in donating a new cage to their organization,
please contact them directly.

You may visit their website and get their contact information at:
www.safarijoes.org

Joe has assured me that the ferrets are living in acceptable conditions and
being fed a quality diet, and in fact has invited me to come out to one of
their staff meetings to do an educational program about ferrets for his
volunteers.

Many thanks to all the folks who contacted me, in case I missed the post,
letting me know of a "possible" situation local to me... as always, it is
good to know we are covering each others backs. :)

Susan Malone
Ferrets Unlimited Rescue Of Tulsa