From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:40:54 EDT
Fuzztek Shelter would like to publicly thank everyone who has donated food,
litter, ferret care products, boarded their ferrets with us and paid cash
which we used towards vet bills, and otherwise helped us out over the past
few months.  We have over 60 ferrets in the shelter, and there have been
no calls for adoption.  We are in the process of getting three ferrets
delivered to another shelter with a waiting list for adoptions in order to
place them into permanent homes asap.

We have received donations of food from SOS and the Ferret Store; a
fabulous donation of 50 lbs of TF and 10 bags of Cozy Corner litter from
a lovely person who's ferret crossed the Rainbow Bridge and due to am
impending move they were not going to get another right away; a donation
of Q-Tips and ear cleaner (something we go through like mad!); about $400
in boarding fees over the summer (which were handed over to our vet); a
donation of their time for cage cleaning, ear cleaning and nail clipping
from Alana & Diane, Andrea & Cory, Ela & Jim and others; a wonderful
donation of hammocks; cash donations amounting to just under $300 paid on
our account at our vet by three people who I think would prefer to remain
anonymous, so I am not mentioning their names; and I am sure I am
forgetting a few things.

It is people like these that keep shelters operating.  Anyone can help, you
don't need to give money.  In fact most shelters would prefer that if you
do want to give money, you do so directly to the shelters account at their
vet.  More than anything, many shelters need your time.  Can you spare 2-4
hours a month helping with cleaning cages, clipping nails or cleaning ears?
How about picking up a yard or two of polar fleece from the remnants
section of your local fabric store and stitching up some hammocks or sleep
sacks?  Have you read the SOS list and perused the wish list for items you
may have around your home that you no longer need?  I think I speak for all
shelters when I say that we and the ferrets who reside with us until they
can go to their "real" home are appreciative from the bottom of our hearts
to everyone who helps in whatever way they are able.

Again, thank you.

Anne Ryan