From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 03:25:14 -0400
Well folks, if everyone out there is as nervous and nauseous as I am waiting
for the Judge's ruling in the Kodo case, then I KNOW you can use a funny
story.  My ferrets never cease to amaze me.  Every day they do something
cuter, they're better than TV.

So here's my new one: today I took Here Comes Trouble (Trouble for short)
outside.  I made a promise to her last night that I would, and she'd never
let me forget it.  So, I took her outside to the edge of our townhouse
complex.  There's a hill of grass that leads down into the woods.  There is
really nothing man-made that's dangerous out there, so I carried her leash
but did not put her on it.  Instead, I just followed her wherever she wanted
to go, ready to snatch her should she find something dangerous to get into.
Then, all of a sudden, she turned around to look at me (I guess to see how
close I was behind her, then she turned away from me again and BOLTED as
fast as her little legs would carry her.  "He-He...I'm getting away from you
Mommy!" I swear she was yelling.  So I kept up the pace, still letting her
run on her own.  The exercise always does her good.  Then she did it....I
never would have thunk it.  Straight up a tree!!!  Since when do ferrets
climb trees???  My fiance was in stitches, then yelled "Get her!  She's
still going!" I could hardly come out of my shock before she got too high
for me to grab her.  But I did, and once in my restraint she started
squirming and wiggling and trying to say, "Lemme at it!  If a cat can do it,
so can I !!!"

<sigh> The rest of the afternoon went without incident, I guess she decided
that cats are for trees and she was too cool for that behavior, cuz she
didn't try it again.  We had a ball, though.

I'll save my other funny story for tomorrow.  I suppose Michigan will make
us wait till the last second for a ruling so we'll need some more light
humor tomorrow.

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady