Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:13:27 -0600
You guys are going to get sick of hearing from me, but here I go yet again.
Gracie and George's little ribs are finally starting to disappear and I
think in a few weeks they will be healthy enough to innoculate for rabies
and distemper (they were previously so emaciated I was afraid to even
scruff.) Now I want to make them look healthy as well.  Since coming to
live with me they have both had several showers with positive results and
their coats are pretty and soft.  However, Gracie (the albino) wtill has a
yellow, ratty looking tail, although the blackheads don't seem to be quite
as bad as before, nor is the fur so yellow.  I read a few postings ago of
someone using a particular type of Oxy face wash for the problem.  Now that
they are coming closer to being box trained and no longer need as many
baths I would like to start washing just her tail -- the astringent just
didn't work out the one time I used it.

Now, something else I've been meaning to mention: I would like to thank
everyone who has helped me keep my little ones, whether you realize it or
not.  I honestly don't think I could have stuck it out and kept this weird,
itchy, nosy little critter beyond the first couple of months if it had not
been for the FML.  In addition to being patient with my ignorance and
generous with advice, you have made me realize through your anectdotes that
the real appeal of these critters is their joy -- manefest in tipping over
the trashcan, climbing on my keyboard, stashing food in my pajama drawer,
drinking out of my water glass (and tipping it over), and trying to gnaw my
feet off at the ankles.  Within a week of subscribing to FML Wikket was
getting away with all kinds of things I never would have dreamed of before
that.  As has been mentioned, it's not so much a matter of me training my
ferrets what he can or cannot get into or do, but training me to keep
better care of the things I don't want them into.  Besides, how much damage
can one of these guys really do?  (LOL)

Thank you all, and my sincerest sympathies with ailing and diceased babies.

Charlotte