Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 18:40:07 -0500
Hi, this is Becca again.  I have yet to convince "the fam" that a ferret is
perfect for us, but I'm nearing a positive answer, so I figured I really
should get some information.  If I can't find a local breeder, I will no
doubt buy my new furry at a pet store.  What kinds of questions should I ask
them?  Others have told me to ask for the breeder's name and address, sounds
like a good idea to me =) ...  anything else?  And, from all the postings
I've been reading, it seems like the issue of what to feed them and what to
restrict them from at all costs, is very strict.  All of you ferret-lovers
out there, what does your ferret's daily diet consist of and what kinds of
things should they never have?  Should you feed them something different
while they're still kits?  And one more quick question, if I get a cage to
keep it in while I'm out, should it have a tray that I put corncob litter
(or something to that effect, NO SHAVINGS, I've learned that much =) in or
can it just be a linoleum base with a litter box?  I have a big cage already
that we used to keep the cats in when we took them to shows.  It's 2 x 4
feet rectangle and 2 feet tall.  Are they happier with stuff to dig in or
are they okay if the cage has a second floor and they have a hammock and
basket bed?  I'm just trying to make sure my furry will be as happy as every
furry deserves to be and as well-loved as any other.  =)

I'd appreciate any comments anyone has to make, you can e-mail me at
or
In any event, thanks to all for a fabulous list, I enjoy reading it every
day during my quest for the perfect pet.  =D

My Most Sincere ALoha
becca