Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 02:42:16 -0800
I currently have all three in my house, and it varies as to rescues/CUR
runs that are going on.

Mousers: My ferrets are extremely adept mousers, 100x better than my cats -
who would rather watch a bug outside for 2hours than pay any attention
to a roden trunning past them.  Of my ferrets the females are more
hyper/aggressive/assertive and they are the best mousers.  In a terrible
accident they also did away with three gerbils (one of my cats, no joke,
liked to sit in the cage with the gerbils - never hurt them but did damage
the cage during the night and they got out and my little female ferret got
to them....)

Dogs and Ferrets: I have grow up with a family who bred Kerry Blue
Terriers, who have a strong prey drive and currently have a Siberian Husky
(strong prey drive - she actually ended up eating one of the already dead
gerbils that the ferret was trying to hide from me).  Sile, the Husky,
LOVES the ferrets.  She cries and cries if they are in the cage and she
wants to play.  She wrestles with them, sometimes carries them like a
mother would by their scruffs.  Granted she has grown up with ferrets, but
I still say (as I told the JRT poster in a private email) it depends on the
DOG not the BREED.  My ferrets have also been visiting at two houses with
dogs - my bf's parents and my parents - both dogs are scared of the ferrets
(schnauzer and golden) and it's kind of funny to see a 90lb golden running
terrified from two little 2lb ferrets.

Sile has played a little rough from time to time but the ferrets put her in
her place with a bloody lip and bloody nose.  She has also sprained her leg
sliding across the kitchen floor while chasing them.  The ferrets, however,
have never been injured and love their Husky.

Some people think I am nuts keeping this group of animals together and out
all at the same time but what can I say?  at our house it's get along or
get out and so far everyone has gotten along:)

Rachael and everyone:)
  Rachael M. Kelly    | It is a matter of complete indifference, whether
  Marietta, Georgia   | something is true, while it is of utmost importance