From:
Ferrets at Heart -- Ask A Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:55:45 -0400
June started out with us exhausted from caring for Mandie after this
youngster's adrenal surgery, which you all helped to cover through
your generous donations and our Mandie MayDay Raffle. We progressed
through Mandie's minor set-backs and made it to our website's one-year
anniversary on June 11, 2011. However, we come to you with other
pressing needs. Winter, another of our young ferrets, needs an adrenal
surgery. Rhys' deslorelin implant is obviously failing, and Codo's is
due to fail soon; these seniors are not eligible for adrenal surgery.

If you would like to help:

1. Purchase something from our online store at
http://ferretsatheart.com/

2. Donate to us through PayPal to [log in to unmask] (or, if
you need it tax-deductable, go through SOS at
and be sure to mark it for "Ferrets at Heart" and "Urgent" in the
message). Just sign-in to PayPal. Click on "Send Money." Marking it as
a personal gift saves on the fees we are charged by PayPal.

3. Send financial support to Ferrets at Heart directly to us through
our vet. We now use Dr. John Douds at Douds Veterinary Hospital at
12115 Leavitt RD, Oberlin, OH 44074 (440)774-4542. An adrenal
exploratory surgery cost $350 and an injection of a deslorelin is $8
(We purchase the actual implants directly from the manufacturer in
the UK ourselves.).

4. Donate item(s) to our next raffle. We are planning a raffle to begin
sometime in July to wear down the mountain of vet bills that we are
unable to pay. We pay at time of service, so Winter can't have his
surgery and the others can't have their implants, until we raise the
funds necessary to cover their needs.

I know this is a great deal to ask. You all have ferrets of your own
that you must care for. We had planned a local fundraiser for this
summer, but the store we were planning to partner with moved too far
away. In addition, our best "people ferrets" either have too prominent
adrenal or are recovering from adrenal surgery. The only one I could
take in public right now is Charlie, and he can't be around loud noises
(or you get painted brown). Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for
always listening to the problems we rescues have, even if you are
unable to help at the time.

Remember to check our blog for updates about all the Ferrets at Heart
family.

With respect,

Lori of Ferrets at Heart
Huron, Ohio