From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:46:05 -0400
Maybe a week ago I had a phone call from someone saying that I had been
nominated for an ASPCA award, but two things seemed strange:

1. The person said that our local animal hospital nominated me, but we
followed a vet who left there several years ago.  Still, they might have
had Joe Martins down for being with the wrong hospital, so tonight when
I got a chance I asked him and he said that I should get one but that he
hadn't nominated me.

2. The person kept saying that an article would be written about me
(which isn't the goal of the work I do though I certainly appreciate
thanks because they feel so good), but what was really weird was that
when I'd ask if this would require a donation or extra work time the
person kept repeating that there would be an article and seemed to
think I hadn't heard because I didn't bubble over.

Finally, I asked the person if info could be sent by mail and she said,
"Yes." but nothing has arrived.

So, I think that it perhaps might have been a scam.  If it was I didn't
give any info so I am not at risk, but in case anyone else gets phone
call like that you might want to insist on getting something by mail
just in case.

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org