From:
John Scofield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 10:59:41 -0400
Hi,
As far as introducing a new kitten goes: I always have a preference towards
male cats in that they seem to be more "friendly" towards humans.  I've
had two dozen or so cats in my life and I loved them all, but the best
relationship I ever had with a cat was with a male named Sammy (rest in
peace).  It might be a good idea to take your ferret when you go to pick
out a kitten--as far as the kitten is concerned, they could probably care
less.  It's more for the ferret than anything else.  Also, my main concern
with any cat and ferrets is the cats claws--They tend to be VERY sharp, and
although my cat Phil and my two ferts haven't had any problems (had the cat
for about a year and a half, ferrets for about three and a half).  Just go
slow with the introductions and everything should go fine.  However, I am
not an expert and have somewhat limited experience with the two, but I do
know the behavior patterns of both species fairly well.

Dooks to all,
Chris