From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:33:41 -0700
Hello all, it's been quite some time since I posted.  I have been busy
with school and ferret issues and haven't even been reading the FML for a
few months.  I hope y'all are doing ok.  A lot has happened in my ferret
family.

My last post was about Pharaoh...insulinoma...had to put him out of his
misery in November.  And that was exactly what it was misery.  I will
always think that I put all of my animals down too soon regardless of if
there is anything that can be done for them (I always do what I can to save
them) or not.  But to sit and watch as they get worse and worse and listen
to them moan and cry...I can't do that.  I know what misery is and when I
was there I pleaded for someone to take me out to the deer lease or where
ever and put me down.  I do what I can to save my animals...and other
peoples animals for that matter but I will not let my furry children suffer
a moment longer then they have to.  Which leads me to what has happened
since the loss of Pharaoh.

About a month or so ago my boyfriend brought me a new baby in hopes to
cheer me up about my lost.  Very nice thought that went to he**.  Scooder
is an ECE carrier.  He got everyone sick.  I thought Tavi and Booger where
going to die but with medical care the got better.  Then Jasper started to
go down hill (They all stopped eating to some extent and I had to force
feed them).  Anyway Jas got horribly ill and while he was at the vet his
kidneys stopped working and they did blood tests and x-rays and found that
he had cancer all over the place.  Why would I want to put him through the
hell of chemo just to keep him around for me for a few more weeks (it was
really too late to do anything to help him anyway).  I think that would be
selfish of me.  Then Tavi took a nose dive and had to stay at the vet's for
several days.  She is better now as are Booger and Vex.  But during the
process of getting everyone healthy again we found that Vex has insulinoma
as did Pharaoh.  He is on meds and will be on them until he is no longer
happy/crying.  I do what I can to save my animals..  I love them why would
I do anything less but there is a point where you have to draw the line.
They depend on me to care for them and determine what is best and that is
exactly what I do.

New topic ....what the heck is goin on here?  I come back and there is just
mean, close minded posts here.  We are here to share our lives, happiness
and sorrow, and support one another.  This isn't a place for rudeness or
any of the stuff that has been goin on here lately.  Opinions are opinions,
I may not like what you have to say and I will state my points in a
rebuttal (sp??) but remember it all boils down to helping each other to
help the critters we all love so dearly.  Get over it.

Laura
Tavi, Booger, Vex and Scooder....missing Pharaoh and Japser very much.