From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:48:01 -0400
<http://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=34281556&postID=827892172065931777>

<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2010/07/ozzie-takes-rainbow-bridge.html>
Ozzie takes the Rainbow bridge

I have been far to lazy about posting here, things have been way too
busy. The first bit of news I will write about is sad. Ozzie, the dark
eyed white boy who lived with Sasha and Darkstar has passed on May,
11th 2010 at the ripe old age of 8 and is playing with Lil and his
friends from Ferretwise. He came to the funhouse about 4 years ago
from the Ferretwise shelter, back in the days when the shelter room
was still there! Seems like a long time.

Ozzie came here because he had a taste for Alicia, more specifically
her upper legs. When she went into the room wearing shorts, Ozzie would
jump up and take a bite! It wasn't just her, he apparently didn't like
female people, something about when he was younger and with a family
that had little girls that would tease him. Alicia told me if I didn't
take him she would have to put him down, I knew this was not true, she
wouldn't do that just because he bites, look at Jeremiah! But I took
him anyhow because we got along, and Sasha liked him.

That is not to say he didn't still bite, he got me on the legs a couple
of times, and on one memorable occasion, got up Dr G's pant leg and bit
him on the ankle! Good lord that was something. Fortunately Dr. G is
good natured and let it slide. Ozzie didn't get to run around the exam
room when he was in there anymore, but that was that. He took good care
of Ozzie right till the end. Ozzie didn't want to leave and we had to
help him along, but he will be remembered. I will stick a picture up
here when I get home later.

more of Greg's blogs on the Ferret Wise gang at Ferret Funhouse can be
viewed at: http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/

We thank Greg for the loving care he gives to his group of Ferret Wise
hospice ferrets. Their lives are as ferrets should be loved and well
card for! We also appreciate our other hospice parents.. as do the
ferrets they care for!

FerretWise is a 501c3 org. providing education and hospices services to
domesticated ferrets

Nutritional support, melatonin impants, lupron and other supportive
care veterinary or otherwise always exceed our monthly income. Won't
you consider helping our elder kids?

Donations are appreciated and tax deductible to the full extent of the
law.! www.ferretwise.org