From:
Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 17:24:34 +0600
Two questions:

Could someone who is familiar with the GCFA's history please contact me
privately?  I was going to join, but I've heard something about their
shelter that disturbed me.  I would like to know if it's truth or rumor
before I make a decision.  None of the GCFA people I've talked to have been
members long enough to know either way.  Yes, I'm being vague on purpose,
but I'll be happy to clarify my concerns to anyone who knows the GCFA fairly
well.

I just moved to Cook County and got rabies vaccinations for the ferts since
they were due.  The vet told me that ferrets (unlike cats and dogs) were
destroyed in bite incidents regardless of their vaccination records.  Is
this standard practice for most parts of the country, or is this isolated
ignorance?  What can I can do to help change this policy?

     Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]> /