From:
"Cher R. Clarke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:01:32 -0600
Howdy howdy!

I'm moving at the end of the month, and I'm feeling better about it.  I've
always thought it was time to move when the ferrets can clear "the gate."
Shasta has apparently spent the last year toning her upper bod, and now she
can climb over the 3 ft gate.  Time to go.

Nothing I can do will stop her (even standing over her and lifting her back
over the gate dozens of times), so I give up and she's the bedroom ferret.
There's no food in there, but she's found my bedside glass of water.

So at 3am she pads sleepily across my face, stretches over to the table, and
hangs upside down in my 32 oz wooden mug.  Of course I wake up to share this
moment, because she shakes the excess water off her head and onto me.  Sure,
she could get a drink without dunking herself, but then we wouldn't really
be sharing.(-:}

The first few nights, I got irritated with the sprinkle and got up to put
her into the cage.  Then one night, and ever since, after she gets her
drink, she curls up ooh so cutely into the crook of my elbow.  She wins
again.  Heavy sigh, definitely time to move.

Cher