From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 15:34:16 -0400
Some have talked about the "offer" Marshall made to shelters regarding their
"retired breeders".  After talking with some of the parties actually
involved in the negotiations, this is my own interpretation of what they
have told me essentially is Marshall's specific offer:

                    60 BUCKS OR DIE

Does this seem "generous" to you or even remotely reasonable??

This price is approximately what they wholesale their kits to any retailer.

Of course no shelter could bear that cost.  I cannot speak for anyone but
myself..if this offer is indeed true, this is simply beyond any reasonable
humanitarian logic.  The motivation behind "such a deal" is at best highly
questionable considering that Marshall will exterminate these animals if not
removed by concerned shelters, and groups for the 60 bucks a piece price
tag.

Some may even call Marshall's offer extortion or ransom.  I would prefer it
be labeled more accurately as misguided: Why?

On the basis of this "offer" it may appear as though Marshall prefers to
kill ferrets than sell them at a reduced PROFIT or (shudder the thought) at
cost!

On the basis of this "offer" it may appear as though Marshall would rather
spend what ever money and use whatever utility it costs to KILL these
animals than simply give them up.

Could this really be the case??

I am very interested in ANY argument that even attempts to support MF's
"offer" logic while recognizing even the basic tenets of humanity.

Does anyone really believe this is the BEST Marshall can do??????????

FOR KODO AND ALL THE FERRETS WITH NO NAMES
best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi