From:
Pher Reinman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 12:25:41 EST
>For example,when one of ours bites, I grab them by the scruff, look them
>in the eye, "hiss" at them, and give them a *light* shake (careful, though,
>you don't want to shake them hard enough to hurt them).  This simulates
>what a mother ferret would do without actually hurting your ferret.

By way of introduction, my name is Pher Reinman and I'm a ferret owner in
South Carolina.  This is my first post here on the FML.  I *lightly* shake
my ferrets too if one has bitten me, but I bite the ferret on the scruff
while I'm doing it and shake them LIGHTLY to let them know I am unhappy
with being bitten.  Luckily I haven't had to do this in the last year or
two since they all got the message quickly, even the older ones I had taken
in that already had the bad nipping habit.

Pher (and Ginny, Rozie, Jezebel, Stripes, and Gordon)
Hearses, Flarecraft, Skunks, Ferrets, Trikes
Want to see skunks? Then go to...
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/~puskunk/">Pher's Skunk Photo Page</A>
http://www.geocities.com/~puskunk