From:
"Kris Aaron-Benedum (and S. & S.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:53:08 -0500
re: Witch versus witch
I don't recommend using the phrase 'jew him down' around Jews or
'nig*%#-rig' around African-Americans.  This is not a matter of being
politically correct but of being sensitive to the feelings of others.  I am
a Witch, and occationally a second-letter-of-the-alphabet itch, but I don't
like my religion and life philosophy, either upper- or lower-case, being
used to represent negativity.  Keep it up and i'll turn you into a toad!!
Just kidding, just kidding.

Subject: Re: Getting a Ferret in CA
>Why you elitist JERKS!!  if you high and mighty ferret owners out in CA are
>so righteous, alienating this person will come to no good end!

Oh my, this is probably not the best way to make friends and win people
over to your side. IMO, ferret-loving humans who live in Calif do have an
obligation to push for legalization of the little fuzz-butts, even if it
must be done anonymously. As Red Green says, 'we're all in this together'.

sorry about the too-brief info on the ferret checks.  yes, you're right,
BIG, those who would design their own checks MUST make sure that the bar
codes and numbers at the bottom of each check are all in the same places and
are identical to those on checks provided by the bank.  Scan 'em in & save
time and $.  I called my bank and they weren't sure about needing special
ink for the design, so i'd recommend potential financial artists consult
their own financial institutions before printing up a big batch of those
nice little pieces of paper.

Rainey
shredni: we can't be out of money -- we still have checks left!!

** the more I see of people, the more I love animals **
*** if you haven't grown up by age 35, you don't have to! ***

*** the more i see of people, the more i love animals ***
*** if you haven't grown up by age 35, you don't have to! ***

[Moderator's note: The special ink isn't for the design, it's for the
machine readable numbers on the bottom of the check. (MICR numbers.)  BIG]