From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:26:35 -0800
The birds seemed to be singing extra loudly today because of the arrival
of a sweet little boy named Rocky was due.  His mom told me that when he
arrives I'd know him because Rocky has pretty white markings all over his
body and he sports a racing stripe.  Rocky went through a lot on earth.
He did not enjoy the most perfect of bodies.  But that all changed when
he got here.

A beautiful, whole Rocky trotted over the soft worn boards of the bridge
with all the energy you could imagine.  The first thing he heard was the
birds, along with the wind, and the dooking of ferrets that passed by.
It took him quite by surprise.  He took a flying leap right off the
bridge and landed right in front of me.  When he realized he was not home
and that a weangel was standing before him, he knew something was very
wrong.  I draped a wing over his shoulder and we walked through heather
as I explained that his body was tired and not good enough for such a
wonderful little soul.  I told him that the greatest gift his mother gave
him was peace.  But he said no, the greatest gift his mother ever gave
him was bringing him home with her.  He sure had a point!

He asked me what would he do here all alone while he waited for his
mommy and daddy.  Ah that was easy to remedy!  We stopped for a lick of
ferretvite that dripped off some palm leaves and off we went to find his
new friend named, Lady.  I explained along the way that Lady was a sort
of sister that he never knew.  He got quite excited and exclaimed, "a new
best friend?!" I told him that they would be bonded because they shared
the love of the people on earth.  And they could wait for their mom and
dad as well as for their brothers Sammy and Max together.  Well, finding
Lady was a bit more tricky than I thought.

First we tried the baseball fields.  But we didn't see her.  Rocky was
so excited, he ran out onto the field in the middle of a game to tip the
catchers hat back to ask, "are you my sister?" Now all the ferrets think
this is a new game.  So they periodically turn to tip back the catchers
mask to ask if they are a brother or sister.  Next we stopped at the
races to see if Lady was tubing.  But nope, she wasn't there.  Yet, Rocky
felt compelled to race through every tube to look for her.  On the other
side of foamy fry forrest, was sofa city.  Nope, no lady.  But Rocky felt
like he had to rifle through every sock pile and every couch to look for
her.  Hmm.  I began to see the pattern.  [giggle] How very ferret of him!
So then I asked him, "Where would YOU like to look for Lady?" He said,
"Well, I bet she sure would like to be where the biggest soup bowl is.
Uh huh.  Okay.  So off we went to the giant soup bowl.  Too bad.  No
lady.  But you guessed it ... Rocky felt compelled to snorkel through
all the soup to look for her.

After we got him all licked cleaned ... er cleaned off, we went to the
chutes and ladders.  No, she wasn't doing the chutes and ladders.  But
she was right there, snug in a cloud.  I introduced them, and they began
to get on famously.  When I last left the, you know what they were doing?
Listening to the clouds with big smiles so that they could hear the soft
voices of their mom, dad, and brothers.

Sandee