From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:35:56 -0600
>From:    Master <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets on a Cake & Colour Blindness
>
>I do have a question for the DVMs out there... Are ferrets colour blind?
>I already know that their eyesight isn't the best anyway but this question
>came up on another list...
>
>Ray

I'm not a vet, but my books say that ferrets can see red.  How well they
see other colors is unknown because of lack of testing.  I'm not sure
where the idea that ferrets have poor eyesight came from.  Dr. Fox says
that in ferrets trained to differentiate between striped and grey targets,
their visual resolution is 8.5 minutes of arc at 220 lux and 17.5 at 0.01
lux.  That doesn't sound so bad to me.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if turnng on your lights involves pulling a string.