From:
"Girouard, Trena" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:24:52 -0500
Hello All

I feed my ferrets kibble, available 24/7. I also feed them soup every
night. My kids are healthy and happy little trouble makers. I am
interested in "trying" raw chicken. I have a couple of questions about
giving my ferrets raw meat that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Does anyone feed all three, kibble, soup and raw? If I was to give
them lets say a raw chicken wing or neck...

Which is better to start them on, (wing or neck)?

How long do you leave it in the cage?

What if they don't eat it right away, what is the time limit for
leaving it there?

In the summer months, don't you have to worry about flies or bugs (I'm
not a big fan of bugs)

I'm a little scared of feeding them something that might go bad
(especially in the summer)

Is a chicken wing or neck something that a ferret will eat "once in a
while" or is it something that once they start they will want ALL the
time?

Please don't suggest that I feed live, I just couldn't...those little
brown eyes staring up at me, nope, I just couldn't do it. But I would
try a wing or a neck if it's something they would like and is good
for them. If anyone does this or has tried to do this I sure would
appreciate any information you could share with me.

Thanks
Trena and the kids
Duce, Harry, Elliot, Nala, Bear, Jasmine, and Auggie

Our Mission is to preserve and enhance a person's health and function.