From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:43:58 -0500
Gentle Readers,

Thought I would up date you on Angel.  She is giving kisses freely now, and
a nip is a gentle brush of the mouth on the skin.  She has come a long way.

I just got back from a surprise visit to a potential home, a good person
who has one other formerly abused ferret he got from a pet store where it
was dumped.  And he passed inspection with flying colors.

I stopped by unannounced, and the only thing I could find wrong with the
ferret room was the lack of a place to sit.  Toys, tubes, food, water,
hammocks, you name it.  These two will have it.

I also talked to his vet, an excellent vet, but the most expensive in the
area, and she sees him and his ferret twice a year.  Once for an overall
check up and shots, another for a teeth cleaning session.  And she did on
his insistence, an x ray, ultra sound, and blood work on his first ferret
even though the ferret is healthy.  His idea is she should have a base line
to work off of.  If the ferret gets sick, at least she knows what a normal
reading is for his ferret.

So Sunday, she is going home.

Hugs to all the ferrets and their parents, and please, don't forget the
lonely old timers at your local shelter, if you can stop in and hold and
cuddles these guys.  They need you.

A Shelter Mom