From:
Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:49:24 PST
>Does anybody out there have a ferret that absolutely LOVES to be rubbed
>all over the head and chin?  Marley will do anything to get me to rub his
>head, especially when he is just waking up.  We have our little moment
>every morning when I turn on the light to rouse them.  He does not have
>ear mites or skin problems; I guess he just enjoys the attention.  I have
>never even had a cat who likes it as much!  Any ideas on a reason behind
>this?  I guess he just likes it?"

Hi there!

Who knows why your ferrets likes his face scratched?!  My sister's cat
can't get enough of face scratchins'.  Patch (my boy ferret) can't get
enough of me scratching his shoulder blades.  He hunches his back and
fluffs out his tail and wriggles around trying to get me to scratch all the
itchy parts.  All this talk about scratchin' makes me wish someone would
give me a back scratch!  Why does just talking about scratching and itching
make my back itch?

Deb Adams